Saturday, June 26, 2010

Carnet de Voyage Blog!

Carnet de Voyage: A travel journal of contemporary dance in Europe through interviews, writings, collages and video


Research Project Rationale: To immerse myself in European culture, to observe and analyze contemporary European dance and performance works that I would otherwise not have access to, and to research current perspectives on creative process for application to my MFA thesis (written and performance).


As an artist constantly seeking new visual and intellectual input I am traveling to France for an exploratory-arts-adventure at two European summer cultural festivals: Festival Montpelleir Danse and Festival de Danse et des Arts Multiples de Marseille. Then I travel to London for the Society of Dance History Scholar's conference, with the theme of "spectacle". Finally, I return to France to take classes at the Centre National de la Danse.


1 comment:

  1. you're amazing Jess. I am very proud of your ambition and accomplishments. Love, Jo-

    ReplyDelete